Roaring UX delivers expert consultancy and access to a group of key associates who are leaders in their field.
I have over 21 years of experience in: UX design, creative direction, service and product design, consultancy and board level management in the television, new media and health and social care sectors.
Notable roles include:
- Director of Product Design – Digital Life Sciences (2013 to 2015)
- Director of Design and Development – Illumina Digital (2007 to 2013)
- Creative Director – Illumina Digital (2002 to 2007)
- Head of Interactive – Diverse Production (2000 to 2002)
- Creative Director – Diverse Interactive (1997 to 2000)
- Senior Designer – Diverse Interactive (1995 to 2000)
- Multimedia Author and Web Designer – Peritas ICL (1994 to 1995)
Current Focus: I’ve been designing digital healthcare and social care tools and services for the last 5 years with clinicians, patients, citizens and carers. I believe supported self-care is crucial to the way we manage long term conditions and I also believe that enabling activated patients and citizen is beneficial; both to individuals and healthcare systems. We must make the digital shift that we’ve already seen in travel, retail, banking and media, if we are to deliver more effective, efficient and patient centric healthcare but this has to be addressed with the specific requirements of the healthcare sector in mind.
I have been delivering digital projects for over 15 years within online startups and publishing businesses. I specialise in developing the vision for teams and leading the delivery of transformative digital products within the education and health sector. I operate at board level, with experience of reporting to shareholders and managing business operations to maintain profile, profitability and performance.
Notable roles include:
- Director of Operations – Digital Life Sciences (2013 to 2015)
- Director of Operations – Illumina Digital (2010 to 2013)
- Executive Producer – Illumina Digital (2006 to 2013)
- Senior Producer – Illumina Digital (2005 to 2006)
- Senior Commissioning Editor – learn.co.uk (Guardian Newspapers Ltd) (2003 to 2005)
- Project Editor – learn.co.uk (Guardian Newspapers Ltd) (2000 to 2003)
- Project Editor – Dorling Kindersley Interactive Learning (1999 to 2000)
- Directors’ Assistant / Assistant Editor – Usborne Publishing (1997 to 1999)
Skills include: strategic planning, establishing and developing teams, roadmap development, stakeholder consultation, governance processes, product, project & quality management and methodologies, performance analysis, business development including strategic proposals, presentations, bids & business plans
As a UX and UI Designer I provide information architecture, user-journeys, storyboards, wireframes, prototyping and user-interface design for apps, websites and games. A creative problem solver I strive for quality, applying process and discipline to produce work of the highest standards. I’m very familiar with the rigours of a busy production environment along with matching client expectations and user needs to budget requirements and time-scales.
I have 19 years of experience producing front-end design, working as part of award winning multi-disciplinary teams on projects across the culture, entertainment, education and health sectors.