I have been delivering digital projects for over 15 years within online startups and publishing businesses. I specialise in developing the vision for teams and leading the delivery of transformative digital products within the education and health sector. I operate at board level, with experience of reporting to shareholders and managing business operations to maintain profile, profitability and performance.
Notable roles include:
- Director of Operations – Digital Life Sciences (2013 to 2015)
- Director of Operations – Illumina Digital (2010 to 2013)
- Executive Producer – Illumina Digital (2006 to 2013)
- Senior Producer – Illumina Digital (2005 to 2006)
- Senior Commissioning Editor – learn.co.uk (Guardian Newspapers Ltd) (2003 to 2005)
- Project Editor – learn.co.uk (Guardian Newspapers Ltd) (2000 to 2003)
- Project Editor – Dorling Kindersley Interactive Learning (1999 to 2000)
- Directors’ Assistant / Assistant Editor – Usborne Publishing (1997 to 1999)
Skills include: strategic planning, establishing and developing teams, roadmap development, stakeholder consultation, governance processes, product, project & quality management and methodologies, performance analysis, business development including strategic proposals, presentations, bids & business plans
Clients include: Hodder Murray, Welsh Assembly Government, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, Learning and Skills Improvement Service, Nesta Futurelab, Eden Project, Department for Education, Kent County Council, Microsoft, Channel 4, Barclays New Futures, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, NHS Local, Modality Partnership, Science Museum, National School of Healthcare Science, NHS Grampian, Google, Jamie Oliver’s FreshOne, SW Healthcare Ltd, Orange Rockcorp, Health Education West Midlands, Kew Gardens, Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, the Arts Council Collection, Living it Up (NHS 24) and BBC Learning.
Awards: Royal Television Society Innovation in Education award and BETT award nomination – Cliffhanger Studios (Executive Producer)
Royal Television Society Education award – Breaking the News (Learning content commissioner)
Children’s BAFTA nomination – Britain’s Dream Teachers (Project lead)
BESA Education Resources Awards nomination – Eden Project and the Guardian (Editor)