As a UX and UI Designer I provide information architecture, user-journeys, storyboards, wireframes, prototyping and user-interface design for apps, websites and games. A creative problem solver I strive for quality, applying process and discipline to produce work of the highest standards. I’m very familiar with the rigours of a busy production environment along with matching client expectations and user needs to budget requirements and time-scales.
I have 19 years of experience producing front-end design, working as part of award winning multi-disciplinary teams on projects across the culture, entertainment, education and health sectors.
- 4 BAFTA awards: Stagework, Careers Wales, BBC/Creative Archive Postcards from Planet Earth
- 2 Royal Television Society awards: C4 Breaking the News, BBC Webwise
- BIMA Special Commendation award: Stagework
- Webby award: Puzzlevision
- NMA short-listed: CBBC Mashup
Summary of key skills
- Information architecture and user-experience design
- User interface design, visual design, motion graphics and animation
- Concept creation (from inception through production)
- Creative team leadership: resourcing, managing and mentoring designers
- Familiar with production pipeline tools and processes: SVN Repos, GitHub and Cornerstone; Project management via Basecamp; Issue tracking and peer comms via Jira, Trello and Slack.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, InDesign
- Cinema 4D – Ableton Live – Sony Soundforge – Microsoft Office
- Wireframing in Balsamic or Axure but always begin with my trusty uni-ball and moleskine pad. I draw a lot.
- 2012 – present: Freelance UX/UI Designer trading under Radium Design Ltd. (for Digital Life Sciences Ltd, Touch Press LLP, Mideo Ltd. Roaring UX Ltd.)
- 2008 – 2012: Head of Interactive Design, Illumina Digital Ltd.
- 2002 – 2008: Senior Designer, Illumina Digital Ltd.
- 1999 – 2002: Interactive designer, Illumina Ltd.
- 1996 – 1999: Freelance designer, illustrator and animator at various
(incl. MTV and Cartoon Network)
- BA (Hons) Animation and Motion Graphics 2:1 (1993 – 1996), Surry Institute of Art and Design, Farnham